Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let's Make a Fish




This is a photo of part of the process I go through in making the fish. This one was rolled out of a slab of clay and cut out freehand - aiming for a salmon....right now it is about 18" long.


I don't have a studio but I do have a workplace out in back. Of course it leaks when it rains and recently it has lost a vital element. Plastic is going to be my best friend for a while I think. Anyway, I feel fortunate that I have a place that I can mess up and walk away from without guilt.
Next week I begin taking a 6 week class at the local community college; there is a core group of advanced students that show up for classes from time to time. This is a low fire and raku class; I have a list of things to make, I may even throw again (on the wheel).....would be great to make a few nice raku platters with dragonflies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work. I don't have a studio myself. I suppose many artist's just have to work with what they have and leave it at that. Such is life...anyhoo you do great work!
*HUGS*

said...

interesting proces... my studio is at home :) i have a room only for sew an everything i do!