Saturday, June 13, 2009

50/50 Artist Gathering Sanchez Art Center

Since I am always so sure of myself and what I am doing I let it reflect in my clay work. I made the "i don't know" decals myself using my HP black and white printer. The lettering has enough iron in it to melt into the glaze. So, this particular tile was rolled out and impressed many times with the " I don't know", bisque fired, an oxide was washed over the words and a clear glaze applied, fired again and then I applied the decals and fired it for the 3rd and final time. Setting it cock-eyed as I have on my 6" panel I think it reflects the message about not knowing everything. This is one I brought to the artist gathering last night at Sanchez.
The artist gathering was inspiring and informative. It was interesting to hear that no matter what medium we work in we all experience the same failure, successes and feelings about what we do. As it turns out I am not the only not one doing one per day. Some days we do 2 or 3 and take a day or so to look at our efforts and go on from there. In fact no one could say they were sticking to the one a day idea. And here I was sweating it that I was breaking the rules and sure that someone would call me on it!!! Me, me, me...

I would like to put everyone on the sidebar to the right of my blog. If I find or am given a blog or website to link to I will add them. Please contact me!

No comments: