Sunday, September 2, 2007

Las Vegas Sprint Triathalon

I don't know how he got her to do it! She has always been like my mother and I in that respect. We might run if someone was chasing us...... He tricked her by using the children I was told. She has been doing some training since April for this one Sprint Triathalon, who knew it would be the same weekend they are warning of extreme heat???
Anyway, I am so proud of my daughter; she made this goal and by God, she finished it.
The heat was oppressive even at 5:30 a.m. when I got to her house and we loaded the children and the bikes and all of the other gear into the truck. It was kind of confusing to me but the children had witnessed this craziness before so they taught me the ropes.
Transition Area: The place where the participants switch from one activity to another. This is where we stayed most of the time. I found a patch of shade and sat there with my water and my camera.
Wow, Ann, you swam 500 meters in yucky Lake Las Vegas Water, bicycled 10 miles up and down hills and then ran 3.1 miles, I am really in awe. My son-in-law does these triathalon things so I was happy when he finished and then returned to run in with her to cross the finish line again.
My husband arrived to see the transition from bicycling to running and to see her cross the finish line. He looked at me and said, "You don't look so good." Funny, I felt sick too, but I kept thinking that I was just being a wimp. If Ann could do all these amazing things in this hellish heat, why couldn't I sit in the shade and cheer her on? Anyway, I survived and I haven't talked to her yet this morning - I hope she is resting and not too stiff!! You go kiddo!!! Can't wait to get home to post the photos I took of her during this ordeal.
In the meantime I kind of miss the people I used to communicate with via my blog. I don't mean to be such a crab; it's fear. When I am in fear I am not living in faith~ the opposite of faith is fear.

No comments: