Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Book I Really Want to Read

This is one of my favorite beads, it is called a djore bead, I don't know what that means. Must be Buddhist. The handworked silver is attached to the bead, it is also an old bead. The material is called copal, a resinous substance from someplace near Tibet.

Ok, usually I am pretty happy to get a book like this at the library but I am a self-confessing to-do list junkie. I like to make lists and gleefully cross off the items as I accomplish them. Sometimes I will do something that is not on my list; like buy gas for the car or get the oil changed, something, anything and, if it isn't on my list I will add it and then cross it off. My sister taught me that one. My daughter likes to make lists too I think. I know that my grandson, now 10 years old likes to make them. He said to me one day, "Grandma, remind me to get my homework signed by my mom when we get home". The list junkie in me jumped in and told him, "You should write that down so that you remember". His face lit up as he got out the paper and golf stub pencil. On his paper he wrote: Note to Self.


The odd thing is this; why am I interested in someone elses list? Probably because I am eternally nosy (I like to call it curious in polite company)...

1 comment:

Scriptor Senex said...

I too am addicted to lists (as is one of my daughters) - I'd never thought of the phrase list junkie but it's a good description. But you are the first person I've ever encountered who also does my trick of adding things I've done for the satisfaction of crossing them out straight away. Hooray; either I'm not mad or at least I'm not alone in my madness! All the best...
P.S. Just added I Make Fish and Other Things to my list of blogs to visit regularly...