Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mahjong Madness



It's someone elses fault...

Mahjong on line that is...it's their fault that they told me about it and encouraged me to play. It is way too much fun. Well, fun and occasionally infuriating. There is work to do on the website, it has what I consider some glitches but it is a super fun place to pick up a quick game or play all day. New Years day I spent some time there; at www.Mahjongtime.com/

Since I had this very nice hand I took a pic of it. I coulda been a contender; it was very nice but not a "limit" type of hand. Limit being the very best you can have.

There are 5 different type of mahjong played there, Hong Kong (my favorite), Chinese Official, Riichi (Japanese), Taiwan, EC (European Classical) and American. I was playing Taiwan when I had this hand. The different mahjong games with the exception of American all have a basic format similar to gin rummy...it is runs of 3 or 3 matching and a pair to declare mahjong. They all score different and it's a mystery how that works but I did get my 8 for a pair and declared mahjong winning 30 points.

4 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

I don't know how to play Mahjong, but the tiles always appeal to me!

Have fun!
Sue

sheilabythebeach said...

That's where it all started for me Sue!

mysitesrock said...

Hi Sorry to bother, you... just letting you know you're link to PaperBackSwap.com is broken.

-I think they also have a referral program.... spread the word page or something like that.

Unknown said...

NICE GAME :) YOU CAN TRY THIS NOW! FREE http://joyplay.com/gameinfo/ZungJungMahjong.peace