Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Minigama is Getting There

After being away from working on my minigama for a couple of weeks I wasn't sure what I would find when I finally got around to it again. Well, it was just fine, waiting there for me. I feel like I may actually build this little guy after all. At first it seemed like a dream and I built on it but never really expected to have this puppy here! Of course I still have a way to go but I am feeling hopeful.
Hopeful. That's a good thing, and it's fairly easy on a day like today with the sun shining and warm weather in January!!!
It's a bbq kind of day so we got some charcoal at the store - some nice ahi tuna thanks to a friend that was very generous and shared some of her "catch" with me!!
Thank you my friend~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting the completion of your mimigama! Love you blog, miss you on the Mudteam!

sheilabythebeach said...

Thanks for checking up on it, I need some motivation right now!

Unknown said...

I recently stumbled upon your blog about building minigamas from Mr. Yoshida's book, was wondering what the progress was on it. I built two of these in college (one i couldn't see through to completion)and wanted to ask how yours was firing.

sheilabythebeach said...

I haven't finished for various reasons. Check our new Yahoo group though, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minigama/
And here are some fun photos that were just posted on Flickr from one member:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27352220@N08/
I plan to finish mine this summer, check back!!