Monday, May 31, 2010

Craigslist Weirdos and Heros




It's supposed to kind of rhyme; weirdos, heros...
I posted something recently and here come the weirdos...blah.
BUT
I responded to a listing...in Colorado (beware of scams, do not etc., etc.).


JACKPOT GIRLS AND BOYS!

These are so fun, they're textile blocks used for printing on fabric usually, but, wait, they work on clay too and I have been lurking and searching around for them (I don't do that Bay website) so it was not easy to find them. Just as a lark I tried craigslist, I didn't really hold out much hope.

BUT, there they were! The woman I purchased them from was super patient with me as I made decisions and she was generous too, anyway, I am now the proud owner of a nice selection of textile blocks. I bought them their own container so they won't get lost.

I plan to send her one of my first experiments; I do like the one in the photo, I hope she will too!