Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shino Glazed Vessel

Today was a kiln opening and this is one of my favorite pots right now. I used a Shino glaze, the inside is all Shino-ey, the glaze developed a real alligator surface but pleasant. Tiffany says, "Shino first or pay the curse". So the first layer is Shino and I don't remember what the other glaze is that I put on over top, since I rarely have my notebook with me to record anything. In this case I am very sad that I didn't record it but Shino went on first....
I had a horrid week; bad deck (termites), someone swiped the side of my car as I drove south on 101 toward Redwood City (60+ mph), bad hair cut, so-so color, the dryer plug is wonky (won't run hot all the time), I was supposed to get the key for a meeting for a group of people and I forgot the key, it was the kind of week that I kept thinking that it can't get any worse BUT IT DID. Oh, yes, there was more. Muttering to myself, "This too shall pass"...





No comments: